The Beginning

Have you ever wondered enough to wander?  Have you ever wandered enough to wonder?


Join me as I travel wherever the wind takes me.  We'll ponder through occasional deep oceans of thoughts, and some light hearted musings as well.  A Montana girl living in upcountry Maui, I happened to wander to a permaculture farm after spending much of my time wondering about sustainability in the food industry.  Not just the restaurants, but also the farms and ranches and CSA's and backyard gardens, etc.   The United States wastes an average of 40% of its food every year.  This is a combined effort of the farmer, processor, chef and consumer.  We waste food, but we also waste energy in the production and preparation of the food that we waste. . . So basically we waste so we can waste?

I wonder.  If we were to wonder enough, could we possibly wander towards a more sustainable system?  I think yes.  Let's explore solar power.  And windmills.  Maybe some rainwater collection systems and aquaponics?!  How about no till farming methods?  Oh! We should also learn about the most humane way to raise healthy, happy animals.  Maybe we could feed the animals, say chickens for example, with food scraps that would have otherwise been wasted.  We could utilize rainwater and aquaponic systems to give them clean water, and use the energy generated by the sun and wind to heat a small area for them on cold evenings.   Now we're talking.  Let's jump in head first together and learn everything we can about everything.  Stay tuned to these monthly blog posts so we can learn and adventure together.  There are also links below to my instagram and YouTube channel where you may witness some fun and games as these grand adventures unfold.

Sarah's YouTube Channel
Sarah's Instagram



Comments

  1. I love this Sarah! I'm glad I met you last weekend in Spokane. I also wonder these things you write about.
    Jamie
    Cooper Creek Ranch

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Say Yes

Bless The Hands That Prepared It